Maybe you’re a take charge kind of person, a problem-solver who likes to view a challenge from all sides and then come up with a solution that works specifically for you and your organization. A can-do attitude is a great thing to have, but maybe barrelling ahead and building your own solution from scratch isn’t always the right course of action. Or maybe you don’t quite have the expertise or skillset required to create the application you envision. Wouldn’t it be great if there was a way to capitalize on the hard work and expertise of others, while still ending up with a solution that’s uniquely “you”? My friends, welcome to the wonderful world of white label solutions (sometimes called “white labeling”) – a feature that helps you balance the benefits of each of these approaches.
This article will take a look at why a white label solution is key when you are looking at different Learning Management Systems.
Why Are White Label Solutions Important?
What Does White Labeling Mean?
Basically, white labeling means putting your brand or company name on a product or service that another company has developed. In the world of LMSs, for example, this means that any internal or external users would log into their training and everything they see, from the branding, to the colour scheme, will make the program look like it is a product delivered by your organization. So why is this important?
The Benefits of White Labeling
Only you know the specifics of your particular training challenge, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re the only person that can solve it. By piggy-backing on the work of others, you can:
- Avoid making mistakes that have already been made, found, and corrected by those that came before you
- Save money by leveraging tools that have already been developed
- Get up and running faster, as you’re not spending time trying to become an expert in an unfamiliar field
So white labeling means that you can not only streamline the process of finding a solution, you can also avoid some easy-to-fall-into traps, and take advantage of the expertise of people who have spent years looking for a solution to your problem. And yes, that means even your very specfic problem.
Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, spend your time thinking about what you really need, then investigate the different options out there. Marry your knowledge to someone else’s expertise to find the solution that’s right for you.
So, outsourcing a solution is sometimes the best way to go, right? But, you may be thinking, why is white labeling in particular so important? A solution is a solution no matter how it is branded, right? For the answer to that, let’s take a closer look at what white labeling, specifically, can do for your organization.
The Importance of White Labeling
“…your brand is your promise to your customer. It tells them what they can expect from your products and services, and it differentiates your offering from your competitors’. Your brand is derived from who you are, who you want to be and who people perceive you to be.”
That quote gets at the heart of why purchasing a white label LMS is so important. When a product, in this case a training program, looks like it comes from you, it automatically has your seal of approval. If you have worked hard to build your reputation, both to internal employees and external customers, why not capitalise on that? A white label LMS is essential if:
- You are using eCommerce. You want to bring in (and keep!) loyal customers by both giving them a valuable product, and making sure they can quickly identify where that product came from. If a brand is a “name, term, design, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one seller’s good or service as distinct from those of other sellers” then make sure your brand is easy to spot and identifiable everywhere in your eCommerce catalogue. The best result is that someone will see your brand and know that you are selling a worthwhile course that delivers on its promises. Introducing other logos and colour schemes only makes for unnecessary confusion. A white label solution gives you a stronger market presence, and increased customer loyalty.
- You are concerned about change management. Introducing a new training program? You can get more buy-in from change-averse users when you optimize the learning experience by presenting them with a trusted product. With a white label LMS, you can personalize learning to meet the needs of your audience.
SkillBuilder® LMS: Your White Label Solution
The ability for your LMS to be a “white label” solution should be a non-negotiable feature during your search for the right Learning Management System. No matter what checklist you use, our SkillBuilder® LMS has got you covered, with fully customizable:
- Logos and colour schemes
- Site URLs
- Learning Path displays
- Learning Plans
- System notification emails
- Completion certificates
- Open Badges
- Registration preferences
- eCommerce preferences
Not only is SkillBuilder® LMS intuitive and user-friendly, it’s a breeze to make it look exactly how you want – start your 14 day free trial and find out how quickly you can make our LMS look like your very own in-house training program!
So, not only does choosing a white label solution benefit your organization, it is also an important feature when you want to do things like convince users to adopt your training program. There are so many reasons to choose a white label LMS – do your research and make sure not only that the LMS you choose is right for you, but it will also let you customize it to your specifications. Remember, your users shouldn’t be able to tell that you are licensing your LMS from an external vendor!